Financial Background Check
Financial Background Check $12.95 ORDER NOW >
Your organization may require a financial background check as a prerequisite for positions that involve financial responsibilities. In cases in which a candidate will be accessing sensitive financial information, funds, and assets, it may be important to get an accurate picture of how they handle finances in their personal life. Candidates that do not meet your risk tolerance can be filtered out of the hiring pool by running a financial background check.
Keep in mind credit check reports can be tricky, as these reports are governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and are subject to state laws which may restrict how you obtain and use a financial background check for employment. Before ordering a financial history check you must have a permissible purpose under both federal and state laws. Some states prohibit credit checks for employment under all circumstances. If you have never conducted a financial history check on an employee, we suggest contacting us before placing an order.
If you are able to conduct a financial background check for employment, a credit report will provide you with the following information:
- Tax liens
- Accounts in collection
- Negative accounts paid or charged off
- Active accounts including open loans and revolving credit lines
- Inquiries made by 3rd parties
- Accounts paid according to terms
Note, according to the FCRA, we cannot provide you with a credit score for employment purposes. Fortunately, when a financial background check is conducted for employment, there is only a soft inquiry on the consumer’s credit report so it does not negatively affect the candidate’s credit score.
How it works:
- Get approved to access credit check reports. Requirements vary by company.
- Provide A Good Employee with the applicant’s first name, last name, current address, and social security number.
- Pay for the credit check report and view the results within minutes.